New record tracker as BYU heads into the WCC tournament.
Last record-tracker of the regular season.
I could very well be the only one, but I like to know about what records or top-ten lists BYU players are coming up on. I usually hear about them in-game after they have already happened. So I have made my own record-tracker lists to see beforehand what players are approaching which records.
So far I have created lists for Tyler Haws and Matt Carlino since they are the closest current BYU players to any career records. Hopefully, I can add more players in the future.
Tyler Haws – Career
- Haws needs four free throws to pass Fred Roberts for 7th all-time. He currently has 464 FTs. Roberts had 467.
- Haws needs 20 field goals to pass Brandon Davies for 8th all-time. He currently has 590. Davies had 609.
- Haws needs 18 field goal attempts to pass Mekeli Wesley for 10th all-time. He currently has 1210. Wesley had 1227.
Tyler Haws – Season
- Haws needs 6 free throws to pass Brandon Davies (2012-13) and tie Timo Saarelainen (1984-85) for 9th. Haws currently has 169 this season. Davies had 174. Saarelainen had 175.
- Haws needs one more 30-point game to pass Dick Namelka (1965-66) and tie Jimmer Fredette (2009-10) for 4th. Haws currently has seven this season. Namelka also had seven. Jimmer had eight.
Matt Carlino – Career
- Carlino needs eight assists to pass Scott Runia for 7th all-time. Carlino currently has 398. Runia had 405.
- Carlino needs one more 10-assist game to pass Marty Haws and Scott Runia and tie Mike May for 5th all-time. Carlino currently has three. May had four.
- Carlino needs one more 3-steal game to tie Marty Haws for 3rd all-time. Carlino currently has 22. Haws had 23.
Matt Carlino – Season
- Carlino needs six more steals to pass Jimmer Fredette (2008-09), Jonathan Tavernari (2009-10), and Lee Cummard (2006-07) and tie Brandon Davies (2011-12) and Brett Applegate (1983-84) for 8th. Carlino currently has 45 this season. Fredette, Tavernari and Cummard had 50. Davies and Applegate had 51.
Sorry if you followed this blog just for picture stuff. I do write sports blog posts as well.